“Notify Me” is a FREE feature available on every school’s main website. This feature can be used to:
· Call attention to information already posted on the website.
· Send quick messages concerning conditions such as:
o Early dismissal
o Changes in a previously scheduled event
o Promote upcoming functions
o Any other desired quick announcements
Visitors to a school website should take the following steps to sign-up for the “Notify Me” service:
· Click the “Notify Me” icon found on the homepage of their desired school’s website.
· Enter their e-mail address (in the two fields provided.)
· Leave the checkbox (Keep me informed about important school information.)
· Click the SUBMIT button.
· Complete the process as directed in the resulting screen.
OPTIONAL: Visitors may also select the SMS/Text Messaging Option by entering their cell phone number and completing the registration process. Requirements: Text messaging-enabled mobile device with a text messaging plan. This service is free from Dothan City Schools and SchoolInSites, but charges from the cell service carrier for usage may apply.
NOTE: Subscriber will receive an email to confirm their subscription. They must “Click Here…” and follow the appropriate directions in order to begin receiving email notifications from the website. Select Subscriptions to Confirm with ‘Check in Box’ and then select the button ‘Confirm Selected’. This will confirm the ‘email’ subscription and enable the SMS/Text subscription as well. If this step is missed, the subscription will not be confirmed.