Early Head Start is recruiting children for the 2021-2022 school year
Southeast Alabama Education Outreach Center are happy to invite your child to secure their position in the Educational Talent Search Program (ETS) in Dothan City Schools (DCS). We have limited spots and would like to extend an invitation to your student.
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded program with the following objectives:
- Identify students with the potential to enroll in college, technical school, or a certificate program (Post Secondary Education – PSE) after high school graduation.
- Supplement the middle and high school counselor’s guidance in career exploration, career planning, college financial planning, and academic advisement.
- Monitor student academic preparedness to be ready to enroll in a postsecondary option of choice.
- Facilitate the completion of the admission process in 11th and 12th grade to review and meet admission, financial aid, and scholarship deadlines relevant to individuals. The average award for 2020 senior $6,000.00
- In essence, ETS is about creating awareness about one’s curriculum choices to prepare a student for college enrollment and career path.
Community Bulletin Board Guidelines
Dothan City Schools (DCS) welcomes the community’s assistance and the opportunities they provide to our schools. Please remember flyer distribution via DCS is a courtesy and requests should always be to enhance the educational enrichment of each student.
Due to the recent COVID-19 Pandemic, Flyer Distribution to Dothan City Schools during the 2020-2021 school year will be distributed through an electronic community bulletin board. This method will allow DCS to adhere to our plans to mitigate the exposure of COVID-19 while also allowing our community organizations an opportunity to minimize costs, time, and/or paper associated with printing flyers for hardcopy distribution.
The following guidelines and criteria must be met in order to distribute flyers via community bulletin board:
- We limit flyers to school-sponsored clubs/organizations, and events being promoted by our community partners, such as the City’s leisure services department, public library, chamber of commerce, and other non-profit community organizations.
- We will distribute flyers on behalf of non-profit groups that are not directly affiliated with the schools, as long as they are providing a service to students/families; for example, a summer camp.
- We do NOT distribute flyers on behalf of any religious organizations since we cannot use our public platform to endorse any religion or faith movement.
- We do NOT distribute flyers on behalf of any for-profit individual or company; it is our viewpoint that we cannot use our public platform to promote/market any business.
- All organizations must allow a minimum of five days from the date of submission for the flyer to be approved and posted to the DCS website. Detailed or larger flyers may sometimes take up to 10 school days for review and approval/denial.
- Flyers should be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the date of the activity/function.
- Flyers should NOT be delivered to any school and will not be accepted by any school until it has been approved by the Public Information Office.
- If the request is approved or denied, the vendor or individual making the request will be notified. If approved, the flyer will be posted to the online community bulletin board within 72 hours of approval.
- Please be mindful of the Dothan City Schools calendar when making flyer distribution requests