The Extended-Day program is an after-school program that operates daily Monday through Friday from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Activities offered in the program will include assistance with the completion of homework, snacks, games, studying, reading, and supervised playtime. The main emphasis of the program will be to give instructional assistance to each student to ensure that the time is well spent. Even though we will maintain a school-like atmosphere, it will be a more relaxed time and provide individual help.
- $60 per week per student (weekly rate only---no daily rate offered)
- $5.00 Registration fee is required for every student (non-refundable).
- If a child misses an entire week, the parent must pay as the slot is held. Staff is hired according to enrollment numbers. No refunds or credits will be given.
- If a child is withdrawn from the program, the Extended-Day coordinator, Mrs. Shelley, must be notified in writing two weeks prior to the withdrawal.
- This program is for Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, and 3rd Grade students enrolled at Highlands Elementary only.
Extended-Day Program is provided for the convenience of parents and students in addition to the school day. This service will function just like any private daycare program since it must sustain itself financially. Therefore, the policies and guidelines for the Extended- Day Program will be firmly enforced. Enrollment is limited as arrangements must be made for workers according to the number of students anticipated to attend this program.