Upcoming Dates & Events for Seniors
Senior Civics Exam
- Testing window is Tuesday, April 19th through Thursday, April 21st. The test must be taken and passed by April 21st.
Cap & Gown Distribution
- All GradPro fees must be paid in order to receive your graduation announcements and invitations on Friday, April 22nd.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed on Wednesday, May 11th.
- FAFSA must be complete, or FAFSA waiver must be signed, by Monday, May 2nd, in order to graduate.
Senior Final Exams
- May 17th – Senior Exams (if not exempt)
- May 18th – Senior Exams (if not exempt)
- May 19th – Senior Exams (if not exempt)
- May 20th – Senior Exams (if not exempt)
- Due no later than Friday, May 20th
- Please see your teacher or guidance counselor for fees owed.
- Fees will be paid to the teacher or department chair where the fee is owed.
- Students will not be issued graduation tickets if they owe money.
- This includes class fees accrued in 9th - 12th grades and may include athletics, clubs, AP class fees, GradPro, technology fees, and lost textbooks and library books.
Final Grades Due for Seniors
- Friday, May 20th, is the last day to complete Credit Recovery, Edgenuity courses, ACCESS courses, and any makeup assignments with teachers. Your classroom teacher may give you a specific deadline for his/her class.
- Final grades are due on this date.
- The Senior Brunch will be held in the Convocation Center at 10:00 am on Friday, May 20th.
- Prom t-shirts (for those who order prom tickets in time) will be distributed at the brunch.
- Prom will be held on Saturday, May 21st, in the Alfa Building at the National Peanut Festival Fairgrounds, from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
- All tickets to the prom will be sold on the GoFan website. Friday, May 20th, is the last day to purchase tickets.
- Seniors and their dates who have 10 or more unexcused absences for the school year will not be permitted to attend. Refunds will not be given if tickets are purchased before finding out you have too many absences.
- Dates may be no older than 20 years of age.
- A date form must be on file for all dates.
- IDs will be checked at the door.
- You may not leave and return.
- Lead Out is restricted to captains, co-captains, presidents, vice presidents, homecoming king and queen, and Who's who.
- You must sign up for Lead Out by Friday, May 13th.
- Line up for Lead Out begins at 5:45 pm.
- Each Lead Out representative may purchase 4 Lead Out tickets. They are $5 each and may be purchased on GoFan from May 9th through May 20th.
- Click on "All Things Prom" for more information and the date form.
Honor Court Reception
- The Honor Court reception will be held on Tuesday, May 24th, at 10:00 am, in the Convocation Center.
- Students who have maintained a 4.0 GPA or higher while taking all academic honors courses will be recognized. Parents are invited to attend.
- All graduation practices are mandatory.
- The first graduation practice will be held on Wednesday, May 25th, at 8:30 am, in the Convocation Center.
- Graduation tickets will be issued to students with a $0 balance at the first practice.
- The second graduation practice will be held on Thursday, June 2nd, at 8:20 am, at The Crossing at Big Creek.
- It will be hot at the second practice. Be sure to wear sunscreen and bring water.
Senior Awards Ceremony
- The Senior Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 26th, at 10:00 am, in the Convocation Center.
- Students should check their student email for a Google Form, which will be sent to seniors to report information about scholarships offered and accepted.
Baccalaureate **Date Changed**
- Baccalaureate will be held at Ridgecrest Baptist Church on Thursday, June 2nd, at 6:30 pm.
- Students who participate must be in line, wearing cap & gown, by 6:00 pm.
- Students will receive an email about Baccalaureate closet to the date of the event.
- DHS Graduation will be held on Friday, June 3rd, at 8:00 am, at The Crossing at Big Creek, 11295 US Highway 231, Cottonwood, Alabama 36320.
- Seniors must arrive and be in line by 7:00 am.
- Each graduate will receive 8 tickets.
- Attire is addressed on the 2022 Graduation page.