Dothan City Schools serves more than 8,000 Pre-Kindergarten through 12th-grade students throughout Dothan, Alabama. Seventeen schools comprise the district, including 2 Pre-Kindergarten centers, 11 elementary schools, one middle school and one high school, and two program sites dedicated to specialty education: one for students receiving alternative education and a career-technical education facility for grades 10-12.
The vision of Dothan City School is to challenge all students with an exciting, rigorous, and relevant delivery of curricula designed to prepare them for the challenges they will face in the 21st-century global economy. This common vision is rooted in the belief that all children matter and can learn when challenged by rigorous and relevant 21st-century information to improve their knowledge and skills.
The mission of the Dothan City Schools is to empower all students for the choices and challenges of the future. We believe that we should teach students to:
- Respect themselves, others, and the environment; Participate productively and responsibly in a rapidly changing society;
- Communicate effectively;
- Use cooperative and independent learning strategies;
- Apply problem-solving processes; and Set and meet high standards.
Our belief statements are:
- All decisions will be made in the best interest of students first.
- All students will be successful learners.
- All students will be taught to respect themselves and others.
- All students will be taught to communicate effectively.
- All students will meet and exceed high standards.
Board Approved: October 22, 2018