Dothan City Schools serves more than 8,000 Pre-Kindergarten through 12th-grade students throughout Dothan, Alabama. Nineteen campuses comprise the district, including 2 Pre-Kindergarten centers, 11 elementary schools, one middle school, one 7-12th grade virtual school, one 9th grade academy, one high school, and two program sites dedicated to specialty education: one for students receiving alternative education and a career-technical education facility for grades 10-12.
The vision of Dothan City School is to Empower Everyone Everyday.
The mission of the Dothan City Schools is C.A.R.E.S.: "Communicate, Achieve, Relate, Engage, Succeed."
Our belief statements are:
- All decisions will be made with the best interest of students first.
- All students will be successful learners.
- All students will be taught to respect themselves and others.
- All students will be taught to communicate effectively.
- All students will meet and exceed high standards.
Board Approved: February 22, 2022