Please make sure your child is considered a New Student before registering.
Your child is a New Student if:
- Your child has never attended a school in the Dothan City School district, or
- Your child has was not active in the Dothan City School district school on the last day of school, June 4, 2020, for the school year 2019-2020.
Interested in Dothan City Early Education Center or Dothan City & Houston County Head Start Center? Please click here.
Steps to Register and Enroll as a New Student
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of the student you are registering.
- Determine the school zone for your student. See the online School Zone Locator.
- Before registering, gather the following documents for each student:
- Legal Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record (Blue Form), which can be provided at the Houston County Health Department or from your child’s physician if needed.
- Proof of Residence. Current – within the last 90 days. (Utility Bill, Lease, Phone Bill, etc.).
- Student Records from the previous school, if they were released to you.
- Download and complete the paper enrollment forms. Click here to download.
- Any documents from Step 3 as well as the completed paper enrollment form MUST be taken to your child’s zoned school for verification.
- See if you are eligible for Free & Reduced Lunch by filling out the application. Apply here: myschoolapps.com. For any questions, visit DCS Child Nutrition Program page.