Dothan City Schools In-Person ReOpening Plan 2021-2022
LAST UPDATED AUGUST 13, 2021
We have created this plan to aid in navigating the reestablishment of our school where employees, students, and families feel safe and to reduce the impact of COVID-19 conditions upon returning to in-person instruction. The guidelines referenced in this plan are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Alabama Governor's Office, and the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE). This plan may be modified to fit the requirements established by the local health department, the Alabama High School Athletic Association, or the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Five principles should guide all planning, decision-making, and execution of plans to return to in-person instruction this school year.
- We will be transparent. We will share what we know and what we don’t know and be clear about what we can control and what is outside of our control.
- We will be equitable. We will center decisions on what is best for all students, families, and educators.
- We will listen. We will bring together diverse stakeholders and experts to understand realities on the ground and to provide creative solutions.
- We will put safety first. We will leverage science, data, and public health leadership to inform the decisions we make.
- We will be decisive. Given the size and scope of the challenge, we must move deliberately and make tough choices. We may make mistakes but will adapt quickly as variables change.