Digital Flyer Distribution
As part of our effort to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, Dothan City Schools uses a digital flyer distribution tool called “Peachjar.”
We are excited to share information about our partnership with Peachjar to help us unite schools, parents, and communities in our collective mission to elevate student outcomes! Peachjar’s platform streamlines school-to-home communication by distributing valuable school and community resources directly to families as digital flyers. By enabling our district to go paperless, Peachjar helps us save thousands of trees each year.
Peachjar for Families
Peachjar organizes all important school and community information in one place! In addition to receiving emails from your school, look for the ‘Peachjar’ button or icon on your school website to view all active flyers.
Peachjar for Community Organizations
Our district wants families to know about district-approved community programs and resources offered by organizations like yours! Peachjar charges a fee for this service, which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers. There are many additional benefits to using Peachjar—clickable buttons that take parents directly to your website, flyer performance reports, and not to mention the time saved driving school to school!
To submit your flyer for district approval, review our Flyer Approval Guidelines and follow the steps below. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Register your account as a Community Organization on Peachjar.com
- Review Peachjar’s Guide for Community Organizations for information about discount pricing, flyer creation tips, and more
- Go to ‘Post & Notify’ in your account to submit a flyer
After you hit submit, your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents and posted on each school’s web flyerboard for your selected duration of time. For more information on the process or pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-997-2117.
Flyer Distribution Guidelines
- Support the basic educational mission of the district and directly benefit the students or be of intrinsic value to the students.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, movies, or products unsuitable for children.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or scheduled events.
- Should not imply the school district’s endorsement of any identified product or service.
- We do NOT distribute flyers that are used to endorse any religion or faith movement since we cannot use our public platform to endorse any religion or faith movement.
- We do NOT distribute flyers on behalf of any for-profit individual or company; it is our view that we cannot use our public platform to promote/market any business.