Upcoming Dates & Events for Seniors
Cap & Gown pick-up
- Caps & gowns will be issued at DHS on Thursday, May 6th, during all lunches.
- Face-to-face students may pick theirs up in the commons area 11:30 - 1:30.
- Virtual students may pick theirs up in front of the school 11:30 - 1:30.
- Students who do not pick up their cap & gown on May 6th may pick theirs up at the GradPro office at 3212 South Park Avenue, in Dothan.
Houston County Career Fair
- Wednesday, May 5th, at Wallace Community College
- Open to high school seniors from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm; open to community members from 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm.
- Students will receive documentation of attendance. Once the documentation is returned to the DHS attendance office, the absence will be excused.
Graduation Announcements issued April 8th
- Herff Jones will be at the school from 11:30 - 1:30 April 8th to deliver graduation announcements to students receiving in-person instruction and who have already placed orders. Any outstanding balance will be due at this time. Virtual students may stop by GradPro, 3212 South Park, to pick up their graduation announcements.
Senior Final Exams
- May 24th – Senior Exams 6th and 8th Period (Year-long Classes Only)
- May 25th – Senior Exams 5th and 7th Period (Year-long Classes Only)
- May 26th – Senior Exams 2nd and 4th Period (Year-long Classes Only) and 6th and 8th Period (3rd and 4th Block)
- May 27th – Senior Exams 1st and 3rd Period (Year-long Classes Only) and 1st and 3rd Period (1st and 2nd Block)
- Due no later than Thursday, May 27th
- Students will not be issued graduation tickets if they owe money.
- This includes class fees accrued in 9th - 12th grades and may include athletics, clubs, AP class fees, GradPro, technology fees, and lost textbooks and library books.
- Saturday, May 29th
- Alpha Building at National Peanut Festival fairgrounds
- Lead Out at 7:00 pm
- Dance 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Tickets are $50 per person; Deadline to order tickets is Friday, May 21st
- Sunday, May 23rd @ 3:00pm
- Ridgecrest Baptist Church
- Due to limited seating and COVID19, only graduates and Dothan High School personnel assisting with students will attend in person
- Baccalaureate will be livestreamed by Ridgecrest Baptist Church for family and friends
- Link to livestream https://www.rbcdothan.org/
- Tuesday, June 1st at 6:00 pm
- Must dress in cap & gown
- Held in the Dothan High School Gym
- This is an optional event for students receiving awards
- Students must be in line by 5:00 pm
- Due to COVID19, only two guests allowed per student
- Friday, June 4th
- 9:00 am start time, Amphitheater, The Crossing At Big Creek, 11295 US-231, Cottonwood, AL 36320
- Attendance is REQUIRED IF you are participating in graduation Saturday, June 5th
- Amphitheater, The Crossing At Big Creek, 11295 US-231, Cottonwood, AL 36320
- Saturday, June 5th
- Each student will receive eight (8) tickets
- Students must arrive and be in line by 7:00 am
- Ceremony will begin at 8:00 am
- If delayed due to rain:
- 1st rain date make-up: Saturday, June 5th - 6:00 pm arrival, 7:00 pm ceremony
- 2nd rain date make-up: Wednesday, June 9th - 7:00 am arrival, 8:00 am ceremony
Cap & Gown Information
- Cap & Gown information packets are being issued to in-school students during English classes the week of January 4th - 8th.
- In-School students who are not currently taking an English class may pick up a packet in the media center.
- Virtual students may pick up an information packet in the front office.
- Representatives from Herff-Jones will be on campus Thursday & Friday, January 14th & 15th, from 11:35 - 1:35 and from 5:00 - 6:30, for students to place orders.
- Orders may be placed online by visiting gradproproducts.com.
- Orders may be placed by phone: 334-792-2233
- You may visit their office: 3212 South Park Avenue, Dothan, AL
2021 Resume Contest
- Sponsored by MidSouth Bank
- Open to seniors only
- Entries must be received by Friday, February 12th
- $100 prize to be awarded
- Winner will be announced by February 26th
- 10 county winners will be selected to compete in April, where scholarships will be awarded
- The Alpha Yearbook Staff is looking for baby pictures of our seniors for the yearbook. Photos may be emailed to the yearbook staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or they may be dropped off with Mrs. Goolsby in Room 602.
- If you have photos that you'd like to see in the yearbook, they may be submitted online. Just log in to images.jostens.com, and enter the login ID: 415653943. The last day to submit photos is February 1, 2021.
- Senior and Business Ads for the yearbook are on sale now. Prices are below:
- Full page ad: $300
- 1/2 page ad: $175
- 1/4 page ad: $100
- Business Card ad: $60
Senior Guidance Information
Seniors and Senior Parents: Mrs. Tyson, our senior guidance counselor, frequently sends emails to our seniors with scholarship information, FAFSA and other financial aid information, college application deadlines, and other information that may be of interest to them. Please remind your students to check their school email regularly. The information she shares is very helpful! Parents may email Mrs. Tyson to request to be added to the email list. Her email address is email@example.com.