- Dothan City Schools
Dothan City Schools Athletic Department Releases Fan and Supporter Information
Dothan City Schools (DCS) Athletic Department has updated their section of the DCS ReOpening Plans to include additional guidance for fans and supporters in the upcoming season.
In accordance to recent guidelines from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE), and the Alabama High School Athletic Association, Dothan City Schools has formulated a plan for attendance at all home athletic venues for the Fall of 2020. Our plan is in an effort to mitigate the risk of COVTD-19 spreading. Under the state's current Safer at Home public health order through the ADPH:
"Spectators are allowed to attend athletic events, but attendance at events will be significantly reduced as spectators shall not congregate within six feet of a person from another household except to the extent necessary." Additionally, "spectators shall wear a mask or other facial covering that covers his or her nostrils and mouth at all times while within six feet of a person from another household. “Exceptions are allowed, such as for children who have not yet entered second grade and for people with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a facial covering.
DCS has implemented new protocols to combat large crowds, and hopefully allow for a safer environment at all of our athletic venues for game participants, game officials and spectators. Once again, our protocols are meant to mitigate, not eliminate the spreading of COVID-19. The following guidelines are in effect for Fall 2020 athletic venues.
In addition, all persons with symptoms and all persons with known exposure to a COVID-19 positive case must quarantine for at least 14 days. Persons who are awaiting test results for COVID-19 should also remain at home until they receive results and guidance from their physician, healthcare provider, or the health department. Having a negative test does not eliminate the requirement for home quarantine when persons are close contacts to a COVID-19 positive case or remain symptomatic without another diagnosis. Additional information can be found in ADPH Back to School Toolkit at www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/schools.html as well as Dothan City School’s ReOpening Plan at www.dothan.k12.al.us/reopening.
The Alabama Department of Public Health notes that a memo issued Thursday, August 6th, by the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) says spectators will be allowed to attend football games and other athletic events, but attendance likely will be significantly reduced. Under the state’s current Safer at Home public health order, players, coaches, officials, and spectators may not congregate within 6 feet of a person from another household except to the extent necessary, and only to the extent necessary, for players, coaches, and officials to directly participate in the athletic activity.
Due to limited seating and COVID-19 guidelines, it is encouraged that parents do not drop off their children unsupervised to attend athletic events. Dothan City Schools Administration and the Dothan Police Department will work hard to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all spectators. However, due to COVID-19 guidelines, younger children need to attend athletic events with their parents or guardians and remain with their parent or guardian throughout the athletic contest.
Due to seating capacity limitations, ALL spectators, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
Concessions stands at Rip Hewes Stadium will be open, and fans are encouraged to attend. Concession stands will close at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Safety and Security
Dothan City Schools will implement the same safety and security measures as last year in addition to guidelines put forth by the CDC, ADPH, and AHSAA. Fans are required to wear masks or facial coverings while entering and exiting the gates, while in the stands and elsewhere.
City of Dothan Leisure Services will mark off rows in which spectators can use at Rip Hewes Stadium. Spectators sitting in rows indicated by Leisure Services as not available will be asked to move to the designated rows. If spectators choose not to comply, they will be asked to leave the stadium. Family members from the same household may sit together. Non-family members from different households must abide by the social distancing guidelines. Dothan City Schools ask all spectators and game participants to immediately exit the stadium after the game. No loitering in the parking lot. Once the game is over, please leave the stadium and parking lot immediately.
Athletic Venues and Adjusted Maximum Seating Capacity
We will adjust our venues’ seating capacity as restrictions are lifted.
Rip Hewes Stadium
2,454 (1,204 home and 1,250 visitors)
Dothan High School Main Gym
Dothan High School Convocation Center
Dothan Preparatory Academy Davis Gym
Due to Rip Hewes’ limited seating capacity, Dothan City Schools Athletics Department will utilize the Go Fan ticket selling platform for high school football games to help limit ticket sales at the gate. This platform will minimize lines at the gate, exchange cash, and allow the administration to adequately prepare for game management.
Face to face tickets will still be sold at the gate, but we cannot guarantee tickets will be available if sold out online. It is strongly encouraged that fans purchase their tickets in advance through the Go Fan app.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Spectators must wear a mask or other facial covering that covers the nostrils and mouth at all times while within 6 feet of a person from another household.
Limited exceptions are allowed, such as for children who have not yet entered second grade and for people with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a facial covering.
Dothan High School Football Games and GoFan
- DHS football tickets will be sold for $8.00 on GoFan Monday Wednesday of game week. Spectators are strongly encouraged to get their tickets through GoFan.
- Go Fan - High School Tickets, download the free app or go to www.gofan.co
- Create an account
- Purchase tickets as they become available.
- Tickets at the gate are $10.00 if available.
- Dothan JV football tickets are $7.00.
- ALL spectators, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter.
- Children are advised to attend events with their parents/guardians and remain with their parent/guardian throughout the contest.
- Our high school band will perform at home games only.
- Visiting bands will not travel to Rip Hewes to perform.
- The concession stand will close at the beginning of the 4t h quarter.
- Once the game is over, please exit the stadium and the parking lot immediately. No loitering in the parking lot.
- A security wand will be used to screen all incoming spectators.
- No bags allowed. Small purses/clutches are allowed and subject to search.
- DPA football will follow the same guidelines as the high school. Tickets are $7.00 and will be sold at the gate.
- 1,070 is the maximum number of ticket s that can be sold at both DPA and Dothan High junior varsity football games.
- 2,250 is the maximum number of tickets that can be sold at Dothan High varsity football games.
Dothan High and DPA Volleyball Games
- DHS Varsity volleyball will play home matches in the main gym.
- DHS JV will play home matches in the Convocation Center.
- DPA volleyball will play home match es in Davis' gym.
- All tickets to volleyball matches are $5.00.
- ALL spectators, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter.
- Once the match is over, please exit the gym and the parking lot immediately. No loitering in the parking lot.
- Plexiglass partitions will be used at the gate tables.